Sql 2008 Cluster instance uninstall

• Hi,

I have read various documents on uninstalling a sql cluster instance but I'm still not 100% sure of the right steps in doing this. Can someone please advise or point me to a good document?

Thanks

• It is very simple. First remove passive node and then unistall the primary instance.

"More Green More Oxygen !! Plant a tree today"

• Refer this link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190438.aspx

M&M

• Hi,

I want to uninstall the sql server 2005 and sql server 2008 compontents from the node which was acting as a node in a cluster.We are not sure if the node is still a part of the cluster.If it is how do we proceed for uninstalling the sql server 2005 and 2008 components?If teh node is not part of the cluster,how do we install the previosly installed 2005/2008 components?

Thanks,

S.Srivathsani

• srivathsani-296624 (5/31/2012)

Hi,

I want to uninstall the sql server 2005 and sql server 2008 compontents from the node which was acting as a node in a cluster.We are not sure if the node is still a part of the cluster.If it is how do we proceed for uninstalling the sql server 2005 and 2008 components?If teh node is not part of the cluster,how do we install the previosly installed 2005/2008 components?

Thanks,

S.Srivathsani

"I want to uninstall the sql server 2005 and sql server 2008 compontents from the node which was acting as a node in a cluster.We are not sure if the node is still a part of the cluster."

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly.....so, please clarify your question. "from the node which was acting as a node in a cluster."???

Regards,

TA

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• srivathsani-296624 (5/31/2012)

We are not sure if the node is still a part of the cluster

Windows 2003 or Windows 2008?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply