sp_send_dbmail sending duplicate emails to user

• Hi,

I have a insert trigger, and the purpose of the trigger is to send email to different dept for for new registrations....but sometimes, it's sending duplicate emails within a min apart...

Any idea, why this happens?

I saw this post.....http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15521646/stored-procedure-using-sp-send-dbmail-sending-duplicate-emails-to-all-recipients

"The solution has turned out to be reducing the number of Account Retry Account on the server to 0 (within the Database Mail Configuration Wizard)."

Any idea, where to set this...I checked the Database Mail Configuration Wizard and I do not see an opption for Account Retry Account on the server to 0.

plz help

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• i've seen the same on my side, with the default of one retry; an email with to: 'goodemail@somedomain.com;bademaul@somedomain.com' results in goodemail getting two emails.

first thing to do is review who gets the mail, because someone is getting bounced(maybe a relay error?)

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thanks Lowell, I actually just found it now.

I'm not sure if this is the actual fix.

Anyway, I'll monitor and update.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• Users still getting duplicate emails.....not for every alert, but every now and then.

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• My first thought was the trigger may be written as if only one record is being handled. Could that be the case as triggers handle many records at once.

• Hi djj,

I am attaching the create script for the trigger.

Also, I found this old post....but no resolution it seems.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic269796-146-1.aspx

Anyone has any clue where to look at.

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply