SNAPSHOT REPLICATION, HELP!!!

• Hi,

We've got a snapshot replication configured on a instance that is in a cluster.

This cluster as two instances one in each node, each physical node has 4 quad core and 64GB of RAM (i think that at this point all goes perfect :doze:)

This replication its done from the instance that is in one node to the other that its in the another node, so replication its done inside of the cluster :hehe:

The point is:

The duration of job that starts the replication is 12 min, this job is executed every day only once at 23:30 but every night this 12 / 13 min. are a big nightmare for people that its working on the application.

Can anyone tell me if:

Should be this a problem with snapshot?

The time that the snapshot is running is abnormaly?

What should i check before change anything on the replication?

Where can i check more information about this snapshot?

As the replication was already created and i'm afraid of change it because of 12 min of the duration of this replication.

Hope u can help me once more :blush:

Thanks and regards,

JMSM 😉

• Are you able to change this from snapshot replication to transactional, this way only the initial snapshot would take some time and then only new transactions will be passed over continuously?

Andrew

• Hi,

I think that will be posible to make the change from snapshot replication to transactional............. but i'd like to understand is if the time that the snapshot is running is abnormaly or not and if i can check anything more before change anything on the replication and where can i check more information about this snapshot that is running.

As i told you before the replication was already created and i'm afraid of change it.

Thanks and regards,

JMSM 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply