Single User Standalone SQL

• I am currently using SQL Server 7.0

I'm interested in creating an application in Access200 but using SQL Server back end. This will be for a single user with limited db size.

Does SQL allow licenses for single users and what is the process to create an application like this

Thanks

Scott

• Usually you by licenses in blocks of 5 clients. How do you currently have SQL licensed thou, if not developement license. Price also depends on your version check out http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/production.asp for licensing options. Or check any vendor who sells the product.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Thanks for that. I was under the impression from a course i recently went on (and thus far haven't found any info on it) that it was possible to have the SQL Back end for single users with limits on connections and file sizes therefore opening the market for these small applications.

Maybe this is not so...

Thanks again

Scott

• If you hear otherwise let me know. Now you may want to consider getting an MSDE version of SQL which has a few less features, checkout http://www.microsoft.com/SQL/howtobuy/msde.asp . Reason is it has no CALS to deal with.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Am i right in thinking this only ships with SQL Server 2000. Is is possible to use with 7.0

Thanks again

Scott

• There was an MSDE 1 that shipped somewhere but I don't remember and was basically MSDE SQL 7.0, however MSDE 2000 should be able to remain compatible with 7 at the database level. Is there a specific reason thou for 7 as opposed to 2000? 2K did have a number of improvements in key performance areas that make it worth the move.

• Just found some info in my SAMS book, Developers guide to SQL Server..and appears 7.0 is ok...

Bye for now

Scott

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply