setup log shipping or replication from 2014 to 2016

• Hi all,

I have an on premise VM on which SQL server 2014 standard edition running which has databases in 3 TB approx, its a prod environment which is used to run mostly analysis and report kinda query. it gets input data from third party replication tool continuously.

There  is one more VM on Azure we have taken on which SQL server 2016 developer edition running. we have taken it to use it like a test environment, so that any queries we run for analysis and reporting can be executed here and tested before deploying it to prod environment.

Now point here is I want data of prod to be synced in test environment from on premise 2014 standard edition to 2016 developer edition Azure VM, what are the possible ways ?

what challenges with log shipping ?

what challenges for replication?

any other recommendations welcome

please suggest ? point here to keep in mind is we have table size up to 1 TB.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

•  

I would definitely do log-shipping any given day , you want your production and development to be isolated as much as possible. Log-shipping can be pretty much independent of the environment.  I wouldn't set up replication on a 3 TB database, not that it is impossible but pretty painful to set it up on such a large scale.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply