service broker endpoint in disabled or stopped state

• I had posted a thread some time back and since that didn't lead anywhere, trying to find answers again.

Have a alwaysOn group to host sharepoint (SP) databases. SP was set up to use the cluster name for connection. But we noticed that when the failover occurred SP still pointed to the previous primary. So, someone from here suggested to create a group listener.

After listener was created, been getting service broker endpoint in disabled or stopped state every 15 minutes. We do not have service broker endpoint in the environment (previous alwaysOn environment for SP didn't have one). And, it looks like sharepoint uses service broker for crawls. So, my questions are:

1. Some databases have the service broker flag set to enabled while some have it disabled. I am thinking these were set by SP when it was being installed. How do I find out what is causing the message to be generated every 15 minutes?
    2. Since there is no service broker endpoint and if one needs to be created then what is the process (also the port number to avoid conflicts)? I read that SB endpoint needs to be created before AG is created. But in our case AG is already present. SQL environment is 2014.

Thanks much!

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply