Server Log Not Visible

• SQL Version: 7.00.1077

SQL Server Logs are not visible through Enterprise Manager -> Management -> SQL Server Logs; However, the individual files in the ...\MSSQL7\LOG directory have data in them. Through Enterprise Mgr the logs show 0KB but at the file level they are normal.

Any Suggestions appreciated.

• Did you login as 'sysadmin'?

• I'm in a group that is mapped to all server roles.

• Do any members in the same group have same issue? If you can, login using 'sa' to see whether you are still unable to see the logs.

• Both another person in the same group and the 'sa' account have the same problem.

• I would check the SQL Server service account to see whether it has sufficient right to the directory the log files reside.

• I appreciate it. The same group mentioned earlier is in the local administrators group.

• Is your SQL Server service account in the local administrator group?

• Yes. I'm sorry that I wasn't clear. It was working until recently. There are no evenvwr entries that seem to jump out at me.

• Right click LOG folder --> Properties --> Security Tab --> Tell us the accounts and permissions accouts have.

• Thanks for hanging in. The following groups have full control. There is nobody else and "deny" permissions haven't been implemented:

-Administrators (local\Administrators)

-System

-Creator Owner

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply