Separately server Reports

• Good afternoon;

I have a production server and also have a free server for which I'm thinking about making a replica, my database has several tables and multiple records. that option would be the most suitable for me? Replication or Log Shipping?

Both servers are physically in the same data center.

• Hi,

if you use Logshipping, the hole database is shipped. If you use Replication, you can choose, which object is replicated.

It depends on your requirement. Replication is just in time, but if you use Logshipping, there is a gab between backup - move - restore.

Kind regards,

Andreas

• Log shipping is simple to maintain but does give you a read only database - this might not be what you intend.

Log shipping can deal with just about everything you throw at the database as long as you include full backups in your shipping.

Replication can prove to be more work especially if you make lots of schema changes, and it may or may not be affected by how you manage releases.

You could also use availability groups.

All depends upon exactly what your end goal is no one solution is necessarily the "best" answer. quote : - " It just depends "

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• Thanks for your comments.

Currently we generated snapshots on the same server where our base of transactional every 30 minutes data is executed, this base is where reports are consulted and the processor load is very high so I want to take this transactional database to another server.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply