Sending 1 E-mail for package errors

• How do you send out 1 e-mail for a package that has multiple steps (ex.create table1, connect 1,connect 2, create table2, connect 3, connect 4, create table3 connect1, connect2, create table4, connect3, connect4)

If the create on table1 fails (precedence = fail)the creation of table2,table3 or table4 is not done, every thing stops. I'm using the xp_sendmail for the e-mail ,but that's on the step that failed or completed (precedence = sucess). So if completed or fail it needs to go through each create and Send out 1 e-mail that states if it failed or was completed. Any help will be appericated.

• Not completely sure, but think I understand. Could you have one Execute SQL task which sends the mail. This single task could be pointed to using success/completion/failure steps from each other task. The EMail task could use a global variable which states which part of the package you've got to. This means that before each create table, you use an activex script to reset the global variable.

Paul Ibison

email: Paul.Ibison@btinternet.com

Paul Ibison
    Paul.Ibison@replicationanswers.com

• You could create and ActiveX script task and use the CDO Message object to send mail. Set the workflow for each task so if they fail, they then go to the ActiveX script. You can then send one email.

• I like Jon's idea.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply