Send email alert without SMTS server

• Hello, 

We have few jobs configured for autogrowth, memory and cpu spike, blockage as per the client requirement. But, we don't have SMTP server so, we can't configure database mail and send an alert. Would there be any other options to send an alert or report at regular interval?

Thank a lot for your help in advance.

• You can configure SMTP with free mail services as well, such as gmail and live. Have you considered using those instead? Otherwise, you'll need a local SMTP service to connect to.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• This will most probably won't allow by organization due to some security concern.

• Just curious, how is email alerting setup in other enterprise monitoring tools in your organization?

• For this instance, we had one tool which was generating report and sending an alert, but, this has been decommissioned and i am looking for an option.

• EasyBoy - Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:23 AM

This will most probably won't allow by organization due to some security concern.

If you can't use an external SMTP server, and you can't use an internal SMTP server, what are you proposing you use? Those are both your options, choosing neither leaves you with none.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply