SELECT STATMAN in profiler ????

• hi guys,

while i run a Stored Proc and profiling this , i had encountered these kinda statements.

SELECT statman([ListingAddressPostalCode],[ListingAddressStreetNumber],[ListingAddressStreetName],[ListingAddressUnitNumber],[DataSourceID],[AMListingID],@PSTATMAN)

FROM (SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT [ListingAddressPostalCode],[ListingAddressStreetNumber],[ListingAddressStreetName],[ListingAddressUnitNumber],[DataSourceID],[AMListingID] FROM [dbo].[LISTING] WITH(READUNCOMMITTED,SAMPLE 1.000000e+002 PERCENT) ORDER BY [ListingAddressPostalCode],[ListingAddressStreetNumber],[ListingAddressStreetName],[ListingAddressUnitNumber],[DataSourceID],[AMListingID]) AS _MS_UPDSTATS_TBL OPTION (BYPASS OPTIMIZER_QUEUE, MAXDOP 1)

any help would be appreciated.

Praveen Kumar Peddi

Praveen Kumar Peddi

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hi ,

we too feel the same.. There is only one update which doesn't involve any indexes or any other statemets..For Simple update like the below , it is listing the above statements..

update a

set TotalQty = Tqty

from XXX_item_wise_taxes_tabl a,

(select invoice_no Tinvoice_no, sum(invoice_qty) TQty from XXX_item_wise_taxes_tabl group by invoice_no) b

where invoice_no = Tinvoice_no.

Any guesses

• What you're seeing is an automatic statistics update. Nothing to be concerned about.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • i'm seeing this, too - the problem is, we are having i/o issues and this is one of the highest i/o operations going.

One thing to note is that "Auto Update Stats" is off, and this appears to be called from SQL Agent, although i have been unable to find a job. It's happening every 15 minutes.

Where can it come from?

Amanda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply