Secure Cell Phones

• What would be the point of cyphering messages that very clever enemies couldn't break? You'd end up not knowing what they thought you thought they were thinking...

Lord Vetinari to Leonard of Quirm from the Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

• Pretty much. Defeats the purpose of owning one.

Karen Gayda
    MCP, MCSD, MCDBA

gaydaware.com

• Karma (1/21/2009)

What would be the point of cyphering messages that very clever enemies couldn't break? You'd end up not knowing what they thought you thought they were thinking...

Lord Vetinari to Leonard of Quirm from the Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

One of my favorite books!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• C'mon, Steve. Do you really think NSA wants you to have a cellphone that can't be scanned or eavesdropped on? 🙂

• samkaplan (1/22/2009)

C'mon, Steve. Do you really think NSA wants you to have a cellphone that can't be scanned or eavesdropped on? 🙂

Sam,

Do you really believe that the NSA can't scan or eavesdrop on encrypted calls?

• No, I don't believe that at all--what I believe is that that is the reason they would not transfer the technology to create secure phones to the private sector--unless they believed it was already compromised.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply