Sectioning

• I am new and have SQL 2005, so if this exists please forgive me.:Whistling:

In C#, you can create a comment that allows you to collapse a section of code and only view the comment. The developer can expand the comment and see/access the code underneath it and the execution of the code does not change.

This allows the code to be broke up into viewable chunks and can really help with some of the larger stored procs that I use.

• While there are likely some form of SQL code editors that would do such a thing. There is nothing that ships with SQL that would allow you to do so.

Actually I take that back I have never used it but you can create a Debug section that will allow you to collapse and expand a section of code in SSMS. Might need to google though as I have never used it.

#-BeginDebug Put Description Here

#-EndDebug

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• I should really pay attention to things like this. OK in SSMS if you highlight and the right click a section of code you can select create region and it will allow you to collapse that section of code.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply