Scheduling DTS packages

• i am having a problem with my scheduling DTS.

when i personally execute the package it works like a dream, but once i schedule it, it fails. why is this and how do i fix it.

i am using enterprise manager , and i am trying to run the dts on a remote server.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]It is what it is.

• It sounds like a permissions issue, check the account that starts the sql agent, also see who owns the job.

• Almost definetly a permissions problem

I suspect you are logged in with full rights, but these are not available to your account that runs SQL Agent as Andrew says

Right click on SQL agent to get properties and examine the credentials from there.

Ross

• Almost certainly a permission problem.

Make sure that the account that sql server agent is running under has the right permissions.

Also check your sql server settings by running dcomcnfg.exe from the command prompt and add the SQL Service account to Default Access Permissions under Default Security tab.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• lara,

Just as an FYI add-on to what everyone else has said:

When you run a DTS Package from designer, you are running it under the context of YOUR network logon.  When a SQL Agent job runs a DTS Package, it is being run under the context of the SQL Server Job Owner login.

• Thanks guys, i have checked everything, and it all looks fine,

i will try the suggestion to

check my sql server settings by running dcomcnfg.exe from the command prompt and add the SQL Service account to Default Access Permissions under Default Security tab

i will let you know how it went

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]It is what it is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply