Scheduling drop table and ODBC imports with SQL 2000

• Hi all I am new to the forum and I have some questions about dropping tables through a scheduled task and them running an import to capture new data.

Currently we have an in house tool that uses the Advantage Database. We are trying to import this data into SQL Server once a night.

I am new to SQL Server and need help with figuring out how to achieve this.

Also, I am getting ODBC errors when trying to run my import manually on the Server that runs the Import. (I actually Scheduled the task through another server that can run it manually so I used the DTS tool to do this).

I can see the scheduled task on the SQL Server Scheduled Jobs window, but it doesn't work.

I don't understand this DTS tool as simple as it seems to be. When I run the import manually it works no problem. When it is scheduled it fails. (I schedule it because it provides and options to do so).

As for the drop table code. This is a scheduled task that is broken into two steps. The first step seems to partially work and the second seems to fail.

So basically I am trying to automate a table drop mechanism and then a table import and have them scheduled to trigger each night.

I also have a feeling I don't have permissions set up right across the two server but I can't be sure.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Frank

• Um...I don't think I meant for this to go here. Can some one move this thread? or delete it from here?

Sorry about that.

Frank

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply