Scheduled Job getting failed

• I have scheduled one job for master backup.

but when I run it, shows error message as

Error 22022: Unable to post notification to SQLServerAgent (reason: OpenFileMapping() returned error 2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Actually before scheduling this I changed connection setting of SQL server Agent. Previously it was windows authentication & now it is 'SQL server authentication'. and after that restarted sqlserveragent service. But when I faced above error message, I changed above setting back to original. Still showing error message. Is it matters ?

What should I have to check.

• In SQL server Agent Error log showing message

[LOG] SetServiceStatus failed (reason: The handle is invalid)

Is this happening due to above error.

• What is the job trying to do. From the error message i see that you are tryig to access a fie that is not there. Also are yu trying to acess the file in network location if so change the sql service to domain user account.

Cheers,
    Sugeshkumar Rajendran
    SQL Server MVP
    http://sugeshkr.blogspot.com

• This is assuming the error is being caused because the backup of the master database is trying to write to a location that it can't see.

When you log out, the service account is running everything. The service account doesn't know what F:\ reference is.

One simple way to cure this is the create a share to the file location. After the share is created, grant permissions to the new share to the service account. reference the share in the job. \\mycomputer\myshare\myfile.txt

this eliminates references to any drives that do not exist after you log out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply