Save Data Factory Without Publishing?

• I there a way to save a data factory without publishing it? Let's say I create a data factory but am not yet finished with it, for whatever reason, or it fails validation and I have not found the fix for the failure, but need to work on something else, another data factory. Since it fails validation I cannot publish it, but I cannot find a way to save the unfinished and problem DF in the UI.

Thanks

Chris

Learning something new on every visit to SSC. Hoping to pass it on to someone else.

• Sounds like you need to configure a dev ops repository. You can then create a branch of tour code that can be edited and tested separate to the master branch where you have you working code.

Once you have the code working, you merge it back to the master and then publish that to the repository.

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• Thanks for the info. I will look into that.

Thanks,

Chris

Learning something new on every visit to SSC. Hoping to pass it on to someone else.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply