Role Assignment

• Hi helpers,

I have a little problem with my security in my server SQl 2008, when a new user is created in the server, it has only the administrator rights (as a Role Assignment), and I want to change this default setting by adding 2 groupes (which exist in our company)to the Role Assignment, I don't khnow how to do this, may be someone can help me??

Of corse, I can do it manuelly, but I want that the server do it for me automatically each time a new user is created, in other words, I want to change the default configuration of the Role Assignement

PS:I went to the server manager, but I don't get more improves.

• lyeslink (10/16/2009)

Hi helpers,

I have a little problem with my security in my server SQl 2008, when a new user is created in the server, it has only the administrator rights (as a Role Assignment), and I want to change this default setting by adding 2 groupes (which exist in our company)to the Role Assignment, I don't khnow how to do this, may be someone can help me??

Of corse, I can do it manuelly, but I want that the server do it for me automatically each time a new user is created, in other words, I want to change the default configuration of the Role Assignement

PS:I went to the server manager, but I don't get more improves.

Trying to understand what you want. what do you mean by role assignement. do you mean a server role or a database role. can you give an example of what role is automatically assigned when you create a user/login and what role you need to give it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Yes, I am talking about the server Rolle, exactely SQL Server Reporting Services

As soon as a new user is created, you try to enter inside his Folder, you create for exemple a new file inside and if you see the "Properties" especially "Security" you will find "VORDEFINIERT\Administratoren" as "Groupe or User" and Inhalts-Manager as Role(s) (it's in German)

So I want to add also 2 other groups which I already have,I know to do it manuelly, but I am looking for changing the default configuration in a way that each created user will have VORDEFINIERT\Administratoren and the 2 other groups as "Rolle Assignement"

is it clear , or you need further details???

• lyeslink (10/16/2009)

Yes, I am talking about the server Rolle, exactely SQL Server Reporting Services

As soon as a new user is created, you try to enter inside his Folder, you create for exemple a new file inside and if you see the "Properties" especially "Security" you will find "VORDEFINIERT\Administratoren" as "Groupe or User" and Inhalts-Manager as Role(s) (it's in German)

So I want to add also 2 other groups which I already have,I know to do it manuelly, but I am looking for changing the default configuration in a way that each created user will have VORDEFINIERT\Administratoren and the 2 other groups as "Rolle Assignement"

is it clear , or you need further details???

I know what you are trying to achieve, but to the best of my knowledge you cannot do it easily. I have both SSRS 2005 and SSRS 2008 here. And you cannot make those changes either using SSMS GUI or going through the report manager.

The only way it could be done is by writing a script to manipulate the tables responsible for the users and roles within the reportserver databases and tying that into a script that would detect when a new user is created. that is not 5 minutes work and not something i have the time to do for you.

So the answer is yes, it can be done. Is it worth it, unless you are adding in hundreds of new users, probably not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• ok thank you for the information, but I have to do it, so is there any possibily to get a Script from away??? I really need it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply