Resync log shipping after copy fails

• Hi all,

ive had log shipping break due to the copy failing as there wasnt enough space on the drive.

My first re-action is stop the log shipping jobs and run a differential on the primary. then restore it on the secondary with no recovery. then restart the jobs.

Is that correct or is there any easy way? (can you just manually run the copy job then manually run the restore for instance?)

Thanks

• The easiest way is to manual run the copy job and then manual run the restore jobs to get things back in sync. I have had this happen to me when permissions on the share I was using were changed.

This post from MCM Steve Ormrod helped quite a bit.

http://stevenormrod.com/2012/12/a-reboot-ate-my-log-shipping/

• n00bDBA (2/21/2014)

Hi all,

ive had log shipping break due to the copy failing as there wasnt enough space on the drive.

My first re-action is stop the log shipping jobs and run a differential on the primary. then restore it on the secondary with no recovery. then restart the jobs.

Is that correct or is there any easy way? (can you just manually run the copy job then manually run the restore for instance?)

Thanks

If there's been no full back up on the primary you can use a differential, otherwise just run the jobs sequentially and check for errors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Pause the Copy Job. Free up the space and then Manually run the Copy and Restore Jobs.

--

SQLBuddy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply