Restored SSRS not working

• hi folks

we had a pretty bad attack on one of our sql servers which also runs ssrs 2005

the server was restored, but now when i open localhost/reportserver i get "permissions granted are insufficient"

when i browse to localhost/reports ssrs basic web page opens but with no menu structure - the only thing i can see is my subscriptions which does show me any reports subs

when i run sql ssrs config manager all looks fine

the ssrs service is running on a domain account, the ssrs db has security setup still to allow the specified domain account to connect

anywhere else that the security needs reapplied?

mal

• dopydb - Monday, January 14, 2019 2:28 PM

hi folks

we had a pretty bad attack on one of our sql servers which also runs ssrs 2005

the server was restored, but now when i open localhost/reportserver i get "permissions granted are insufficient"

when i browse to localhost/reports ssrs basic web page opens but with no menu structure - the only thing i can see is my subscriptions which does show me any reports subs

when i run sql ssrs config manager all looks fine

the ssrs service is running on a domain account, the ssrs db has security setup still to allow the specified domain account to connect

anywhere else that the security needs reapplied?

mal

Did you check the Report Server permissions by querying the ReportServer database? You can get all of them with something like:
    SELECT
        U.UserName,
        R.RoleName,
        R.[Description],
        C.[Path],
        C.[Name]
    FROM dbo.PolicyUserRole UR
    INNER JOIN dbo.Policies P
    ON UR.PolicyID = P.PolicyID
    INNER JOIN dbo.Users U
    ON UR.UserID = U.UserID
    INNER JOIN dbo.Roles R
    ON UR.RoleID = R.RoleID
    INNER JOIN dbo.[Catalog] C
    ON UR.PolicyID = C.PolicyID
    ORDER BY U.UserName 

And I'd also check to make sure you don't have mismatched sids in the ReportServer Users table vs SQL Server database users, just something like:
    SELECT
        UserName,
        [Sid],
        SUSER_SID(UserName) as SQL_SID
    FROM dbo.Users

Sue

• hi sue

nothing seems unusual when i query these

there must be some service/folder/database that i need to reapply the service account credentials to?

mal

• dopydb - Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3:29 AM

hi sue

nothing seems unusual when i query these

there must be some service/folder/database that i need to reapply the service account credentials to?

mal

If you were a system administrator in SSRS, it's not seeing you as one now so that's different from the service account. Did you try running the browser as an Administrator to see if that makes a difference for your connection to Reporting Services?
    I'd check the reporting services logs and see if you can find issues in there. I would guess something that looks fine in the permissions or in configuration manager really is not fine. If you feel it's the permissions for the service account, you can always use Reporting Services Configuration Manager to change it to a local account and then change it back to the domain account.
    How was this server restored?

Sue

• Did you apply the certificate from the old system?

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• hi folks

apols i forgot to reply to close thread,

i got it working eventually, had to logon as local admin and reapply security etc and all is working again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply