Restored instance of Reporting Services now reports dont run

• We are in the process of rolling out SQL Reporting Services. We had a test server that we developed some proof of concept reports on. That server is no longer available so we built a new server. I restored the SQL database (reportserver) and ran RSActivate to get the new instance initialized.

When I access the report server I can see all of my reports and my permissions appear to be there. However when I try to run reports I'm getting the following error:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help 

Cannot create a connection to data source 'HLCDEV'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

The datasource is set up as a shared datasource. I have looked at the report and made sure the report is using Windows Integrated Security. I made sure the datasource has the proper connection string and made sure it is also using Windows Integrated Security.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this error?

Thanks

• Nancy,

Bad News.  I think you prolly needed to get the encryption key off of the old server. there was a similar post in a MS newsgroup here is the meat of the post.

After installing SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services on the production

machine you will need to backup and restore the development catalog and

encryption keys on the propduction machine. The steps are:

Development Machine

1. Backup the encryption key (rskeymgmt -e)

2. Backup the database

Production Machine

3. Install RS

4. On the new machine, stop the RS windows service.  Stop IIS.

5. Restore the database

6. Start RS windows service.  Start IIS.

7. Restore encryption key (rskeymgmt -a)

--

Bruce Johnson [MSFT]

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services

Hope that helps

Tal McMahon

Kindest Regards,

Tal Mcmahon

• I ran rskeymgmt to recreate the key after I loaded the data and before I ran rsactivate. Am I correct in assuming that this still won't fix the problem?

Basically, I'm toast since I don't have the development machine anymore. So I'll have to recreate the server and republish the reports?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply