Restore Failed

• I'm trying to restore a backup from a SQL Server 2005 Sp3 and copied to the SQL Servert 2005 SP4

And got an error

The media file on Drive is not properly formed. So I verified the Backup file is corrupted or NOt. Then I found that backups being made on a regular basis are corrupted.

Now, I know my backup files are corrupted but I want to know Is there any way to recover that corrupted backup files.

Thanks and Regards,

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

• If the backup file is corrupt, you will need to find a backup file that is not corrupt or take a new backup.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (4/2/2012)

If the backup file is corrupt, you will need to find a backup file that is not corrupt or take a new backup.

corupt backups can not be restored. i had a similar situation. we had our fail over server failing to restore correctly and found the copy was corrupting the file (this has now been resolved). once corupted there is no method i know of to recover from it.

For faster help in answering any problems Please read How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - Jeff Moden[/url] for the best way to ask your question.

For performance Issues see how we like them posted here: How to Post Performance Problems - Gail Shaw[/url]

Need to Split some strings? Jeff Moden's DelimitedSplit8K[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 1[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 2[/url]

• EDIT: Double post. wow i double clicked and it posted twice.

For faster help in answering any problems Please read How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - Jeff Moden[/url] for the best way to ask your question.

For performance Issues see how we like them posted here: How to Post Performance Problems - Gail Shaw[/url]

Need to Split some strings? Jeff Moden's DelimitedSplit8K[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 1[/url]
    Jeff Moden's Cross tab and Pivots Part 2[/url]

• Sorry, Verified corruption on Litespeed Backups

But learned new thing that Lite speed backups will be shown as corrup[ted when checked with verify native backup.

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

• If it's LiteSpeed, you have to use LiteSpeed to restore it. You can use the utility to uncompress it and then restore it.

Also, if it wasn't LiteSpeed, you can try (key word) to restore the database by using CONTINUE_AFTER_ERROR. Absolutely no guarantee that it will get you where you need to go, but it gives you a slim chance.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply