Restore error-Database not enabled for Change Data Capture

• I continually get this error each time I restore my databases on SQL Server 2019.I end up using the work around below:

EXEC sp_changedbowner 'sa' .Is there a permanent solution to this issue?

“When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” - Sydney Harris

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Below are some reasons that could interfere with the restore process and throw the ‘restore of database failed because the database is in use’ error:

1. You are connected to the database you are trying to restore.
    2. While using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to do a database restore, you have more than one window open in it.
    3. Other users are connected to the master db.

Read this blog.

SQL Database Recovery Expert 🙂

• On the source system - what principle is defined as the database owner?  It appears that the database on the source system is not owned by sa - which leads me to believe that principle does not exist as a login (with the same SID) on the system where you are restoring the database.

Either change the owner on the source system - or make sure the login on the destination system has the same SID as the login on the source system.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply