Reportviewer control error in Visual Studio2008

• Hi,

Did anybody came across this issue??? ..

I have reports deployed in the reportmanager in the same machine. I am trying to open the reports using the reportviewer control in Visual studio 2008.

Now i have added the reportviewer control to the aspx page and tried to run the application i got the below error

The type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer' exists in both 'c:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll' and 'c:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms\9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll'

then i added dependent assembly tags to redirect to the new version

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="8.0.0.0-8.1.0.0" newVersion="9.0.0.0"/>

</dependentAssembly>

after adding the tag i am able to run the project but when i browse the same project from the IIS i am getting the below error

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SqlSessionStateResolver.System.Web.IPartitionResolver.ResolvePartition(Object key) +135

System.Web.PartitionManager.GetPartition(IPartitionResolver partitionResolver, String id) +853

System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.GetConnection(String id, Boolean& usePooling) +68

System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.DoGet(HttpContext context, String id, Boolean getExclusive, Boolean& locked, TimeSpan& lockAge, Object& lockId, SessionStateActions& actionFlags) +260

System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.GetItemExclusive(HttpContext context, String id, Boolean& locked, TimeSpan& lockAge, Object& lockId, SessionStateActions& actionFlags) +91

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem() +185

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +1042

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +85

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +263

Please help with any ideas

• thetodaisies (12/2/2009)

Hi,

Did anybody came across this issue??? ..

I have reports deployed in the reportmanager in the same machine. I am trying to open the reports using the reportviewer control in Visual studio 2008.

Now i have added the reportviewer control to the aspx page and tried to run the application i got the below error

The type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer' exists in both 'c:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll' and 'c:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms\9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll'

then i added dependent assembly tags to redirect to the new version

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="8.0.0.0-8.1.0.0" newVersion="9.0.0.0"/>

</dependentAssembly>

after adding the tag i am able to run the project but when i browse the same project from the IIS i am getting the below error

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SqlSessionStateResolver.System.Web.IPartitionResolver.ResolvePartition(Object key) +135

System.Web.PartitionManager.GetPartition(IPartitionResolver partitionResolver, String id) +853

System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.GetConnection(String id, Boolean& usePooling) +68

System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.DoGet(HttpContext context, String id, Boolean getExclusive, Boolean& locked, TimeSpan& lockAge, Object& lockId, SessionStateActions& actionFlags) +260

System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.GetItemExclusive(HttpContext context, String id, Boolean& locked, TimeSpan& lockAge, Object& lockId, SessionStateActions& actionFlags) +91

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem() +185

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +1042

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +85

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +263

Please help with any ideas

I don't understand your two code sections which is the reason for the error because the ReportViewer is httphandler that needs to be referenced in your Web.Config. You should also know ReportViewer 2008 requires SSRS 2008 to run because in local mode without SSRS 2008 it just runs the 2005 version of the control. Check the thread below for more about ReportViewer and how to deploy it.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic822431-150-1.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply