Reporting Services problems

• I am trying to produce an invoice form using Reporting Services.  I have two data regions - a list which contains all of the header items and a table within the list for the detail items.  I have every item on the top set to repeat with the table data region.  When I display the report, it looks pretty good.  However, when I render it as pdf, I don't get any of the header information on multiple page invoices.  I get the table header, but not any of the other fields in the body of the report.  This is driving me crazy - any help would be appreciated.

• Try shrinking down the "white space" in the Body element of the report as small as possible. This can be done by clicking-and-dragging, or through the Size (Width, Height) properties of the Body element.

• Thanks for the reply, but shrinking the body doesn't seem to make a difference (body is only about 4").  Basically, I have this problem with ALL reports - how to have header info repeat on every page.  Initial display from the report server looks OK, but export to any other formats, I lose the headers on multiple pages.  Since I can't use fields in a page header, I have them all in the body with the 'repeat with' set to the table which contains the details. 

• Michael

I include all of my headers in a header row in the table that contains the data and I have no problems. I add an extra header row then merge all the cells. Then I add rectangle objects to control images and textboxes to get desired placement and  sizing. Typically, I just add one rectangle the size of the entire header row and add textboxes and images free form.

Everything I've seen indicates the repeat with that you are using should work. Have you installed sp1?

Mardy

• Thanks for the reply.  I ended up adding a very large table header row, merging the cells and then putting a list object in it and adding all of the necessary textboxes and other objects.  I do have SP1 installed.  Seems like there should be an easier way to have repeating fields on a report. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply