Reporting Services 2000

• Hi,

We are using SQL server 2000 in our project. We would want to use SQl Server's reporting services along with it.

But I am not sure How I can find the sql server 2000 reporting services install. Is it bundled along with the SQL server 2000 installation CD?

Or does it need to be procured separately? In either case, how does the licencing work for reporting services ?

Thx

S

• you need to get a later copy of SQL Sever 2000... as in one produced in late 2003 that had the reporting services as part of it.  But, beware, that product is NOT the one that is currently released.

Cheers,

david russell

• Yes..! SQL Server Reporting Services (RS) is bundled with the SQL Server 2000 CD.  As far as licenses go, I believe it is the same as SQL server.  If you have the proper licenses for SQL server 2000 (server or seat ) the same applies to RS too.

To develop reports for RS, you need to have the Report Designer (which is a part of the client components on the SQL installation CD) on your development machine.  The Report Designer is only on the SQL Server Installation CD and hence you need to get access to this if you want to develop any reports.

Hope this helps.

• Here's a link to the download center for MSRS 2000, has an eval edition of MSRS 2000, but i'm sure if you are licensed for SS 2000 then you'll be able to use the product beyond the 120days.

Also has all the service packs and other resources.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/technologies/reporting/downloads.mspx

For MSRS 2000 you'll also need VS.NET 2003 along with the report writer plugin which comes with the MSRS download.

Kindest Regards,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply