replication urgent

• Hi

I have created snapshot replication while creating this I have chosen options like generate snapshot immediately not on demand or schedule.

Here my doubt is for the snapshot replication do I need to schedule the snapshot agent to run everyday to generate new snapshot to update subscriber.

If I don’t run the Snapshot agent how Distribution agent get updates the subscriber?

also I have one more question.

If I configure destitution agent to run continuously, will it drop and recreates the table every time when it gets the new updates as it is snapshot replication??????

Please explain me.

• If you need to make the data synchronization from the publisher to subscriber on a regular basis , then you need to schedule the snapshot replication. Generate Snapshot immediately is just for one time replication.

If scheduled, everytime the Snapshot is applied at the Subscriber, all the published data is overwritten by the new snapshot.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

SQBuddy.

• lazy writer (12/14/2010)

Hi

I have created snapshot replication while creating this I have chosen options like generate snapshot immediately not on demand or schedule.

Here my doubt is for the snapshot replication do I need to schedule the snapshot agent to run everyday to generate new snapshot to update subscriber.

If you don't schedule it to run, the subscriber database will not be updated with new data from the publisher database, unless you manually tell it to do so.

If I don’t run the Snapshot agent how Distribution agent get updates the subscriber?

It won't.

also I have one more question.

If I configure destitution agent to run continuously, will it drop and recreates the table every time when it gets the new updates as it is snapshot replication??????

It doesn't precisely drop and re-create them, but it does overwrite the data in them.

Please explain me.

In this set-up, data won't automatically update. You'll have to manually run a new snapshot whenever you want to update it. You can do that by right-clicking the publication in the Replication section of Management Studio and selecting "Reinitialize All Subscriptions" and selecting "create new snapshot now". Then go to the subscriber server, and update the subscription through the "Replication Monitor".

If you want automatic updates, you need to schedule new snapshots to run periodically.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• IIRC (It's been a while), you need to schedule the snapshot AND schedule the subscription pull... 2 separate jobs.

• Thanks a lot everyone 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply