Replication Sync issue

• Replication monitor says all caught up and 0 commands in distributer to send to subscriber side.

However, I do see row counts different in some of the replicated tables.

How do I troubleshoot this further, any thoughts plz.

Thanks.

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• Transactional replication? If you've inserted or deleted any rows at the subscriber at any time since the last initialisation then yes, there will be discrepancies.

John

• Hi John, Thanks for reply.

Yes, this is transactional replication....and I was told no inserts or deletes since last initialization.

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• Do the tables in question in the subscription database have exactly the same constraints as those in the publication database? What about triggers? In the properties of the articles for the tables in question, what is the value of Action if name is in use? Have you managed to ascertain which rows are different - maybe they have a timestamp or something like that on them that may lead you to the answer?

John

• There may be some reasons:

From Replication Perspective:

Make sure that you have not enabled any Exception, you may check this from Replication Monitor -> Subscription -> Right Click > Agent Profile.

Check that Log reader Agent is running fine (There is Last Action Column).

You may also fine out from msrepl_errors on distribution database to get few latest errors, even exceptions are enabled, using following query:

select top 100 * from msrepl_errors

where command_id > 0

order by time desc

If you see errors or you know the recent missing row, this SP from Distribution database can give more insights exactly what was submitted to Subscriber and you can do more troubleshooting based on that.

sp_browsereplcmds

Swarndeep

http://talksql.blogspot.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply