Replication Problem?

• Hi.

My transactional replication has a problem. I was adding some items and suddenly gave problem and closed the SSMS. When he returned, got the following message: "The subscription to this publication is not active yet. No user action is required."

This is a problem? The number of Undistrubuted Commands keeps increasing, but does not replicate.

Thanks!!!

• Yes, it is a problem. Try restarting the log reader agent and the snapshot agent.

-Roy

• I try this and not work. Other any suggestions?

Thanks

• Reinitialize the subscription.

-Roy

• I try this and not work again.

Thanks

• Replication can be fickle. Sometimes it seems reinitialising just doesn't work and we have to recreate the entire replication job again.

• Drop the subscription and add it back again. When your SSMS crashed while setting up replication might have not completed the required entries.

-Roy

• But i have transactions not been replicated. If drop and create, this transactions will be replicated?

thanks.

• When you are dropping the subscription and re adding them, you will be able to initialize using snapshots. Then what ever is missing now will also be there.

-Roy

• Ok. I will recriate the subscription.

Thanks again!

• Please do let us know if it worked.

-Roy

• Hi Roy.

I recreated the replication and everything worked again.

Thanks!

• I am glad that we could help.

-Roy

• I had the same problem adding articles. I removed the articles from replication and re-added them. Replication fixed.

--Bob Luther

• Check for Status column in MSSubscriptions table, it should be always value 2, any other than value 2 update it and check, the halted replication commands should start replicating to subscriber.

--- Checking Query --

select status, * from distribution..MSsubscriptions where status <> 0

--- Update Query

update distribution..MSsubscriptions set status=2 where status <> 0

---

Thanks & Regards,

Bhaskar Shetty

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply