Replication- Design Help

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and am helping to get a little education on something. I'm helping out my dev team on ideas how to handle something.

We have a local ERP system that runs on SQL2012r2... We have a parent company in HK that runs a similar app and uses SQL2016. We submit orders to them and have to wait for emails to come back with the data that we require to move forward. We want to present to them the idea of placing a database in Azure or on Prem that we both can read/write to.

I'm hesitant to recommend a single server as one of us will be writing 1/2 way around the world. I was thinking of using two separate local  DBs to do this. Basically we write to USPROD with our ERP system. A job triggers and writes to USDW. No lag and it is synchronized. HK does the same thing, they write to HKPROD with their ERP and then it triggers a job that goes to HKDW. We next have an info exchange between HKDW and USDW.

Either that or we write to an Azure DB and have it global sync to HK. Since there is a 12hr time diff, the time to sync between the two isn't that important as long as it makes it there inside of 12hrs.

Can I get some feedback or ideas on some of this. I'm a jack of all trades in IT and know enough to maintain and restore sql, but this I'd like some real feedback on. This is more for presenting the possibility and if we go down this path we'll bring someone in with the skill set to make more sense of it.

Thank you

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply