Replication alternatives or advice??

• Hi David!!! Back at it again!! Ok, there has to be a table or view out there that has a listing of all the publications in a database and/or server???? I want to query that view and get a list of all of them so I can build a temp table to loop thru...see if I can add 'subscriptionstream 2' to each of the distribution agent job step.....

It seems that finding answers about replication is just not that easy! I bought a book...should be here tomorrow!!! :w00t:

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

• The table you are going to want to hit is on the distribution database, MSdistribution_agents. To see all the publications you can either look in the distribution database or in the publication database. In distribution it would be MSpublications and in the publication databases it would be syspublications.

Hope that helps.

Let me know what you think of the book. One of these days I'm going to start a blog so that I can share all the stuff I've been learning on replication. 🙂

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• OK!! Headed there now..lezsee what we find! Get on that blog idea...and I want to be your first blog charter member!!! Looks as though I am going to be the GO TO GAL for this stuff...so I need to learn LOTS!!!!

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply