Replacing a variable inside a query text - The parameter could not be resolved because it was referenced in an inner subexpression

• Inside a report dataset, I'm having an MDX query which has the following line in it:

SELECT STRTOSET ( ' { @LocationParam } ' ) ON COLUMNS

with a parameter named @LocationParam which expression is ="[Location].[Name].&[Location1]"

When replacing the @LocationParam inside the MDX by pasting [Location].[Name].&[Location1] (SELECT STRTOSET ( ' { [Location].[Name].&[Location1] } ' ) ON COLUMNS) and running the whole MDX (unchanged for the remaining) inside SSAS or inside SSRS, it runs without issue.

But inside SSRS, using the parameter @LocationParam, once run, I get the following error and I don't know why:

"The @LocationParam parameter could not be resolved because it was referenced in an inner subexpression"

Using the profiler with the event "Query Begin", I can notice the parameter "@LocationParam" is correct

<Parameter>

<Name>LocationParam</Name>

<Value xsi:type="xsd:string">[Location].[Name].&[Location1]</Value>

</Parameter>

Thank you

• I've got my own answer.

Double quotation marks "" are implicitly added around the parameter which provoke the parsing error once the query is fully assemble.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply