Replace text with Bold Text

• I have a field that looks like the one below and would like to make the Title: Author: and File text bold.

Title: Title of report

Author: Some Author

File: some_document.doc

I started out trying to use replace but if I put the html bold tags outside the "Title" quotation marks, report server errors out. If I put them inside the "Title" Quotation marks then I see the html tags in my report.

=(Replace(Fields!AnalysisReference_Value.Value,"Title","Title"))

I also tried to use the below bold function but it also displays the html tages on the page instead of making the title bold.

-------------------------------------------------

Function bold(strInput, strSearch)

Dim istart

Dim iend

Dim icur

Dim strOutput

dim intLen

strOutput = strInput

intLen = Len(strSearch)

icur = 1

istart = InStr(icur, strOutput, strSearch, 1)

Do While istart

strOutput = Left(strOutput, istart - 1) & "<b>" & Mid(strOutput, istart, intLen) & "</b>" _

& Mid(strOutput, istart + intLen)

icur = istart + intLen + 7

istart = InStr(icur, strOutput, strSearch, 1)

Loop

bold = strOutput

End Function

---------------------------------------------------

Anyway to make the Title: bold in a report server 2005 report?

Thanks

• I think this is impossible. Only way is to make the textbox into two, one for 'Title:' and another for 'Title of report '.

Then make the first text box bold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• I must be missing something. Can you not set the Font properties of the Textbox to bold?

• Hi.

Why not divide each row into two fields directly? Then, you can change the first field bold.

Regards,

becklery.

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

• sounds like it may be more work that what it is worth. The reference field can have one or multiple references, some have as many as 5 or 6 references all in one field in the db.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply