Repeating same report an unknown number of times

• Hi, one main account might be related to one or many sub-accounts. I want a report that generates a statement for each sub-account, yet I do not know how many sub-accounts might be related to an account
    When running the report the user will enter an account reference and then be presented with a list of the sub-accounts related to this account reference. From this list the user may select one, many or all sub-accounts to be included on the statement
    First page of the statement will show a summary for each of the related sub-accounts. The following pages will be statements for each of the sub-accounts selected
    There is no limit to the number of sub-accounts related to the main account
    Each statement is likely to be rendered in a simple tablix as they are nothing more than a list of transactions. Is it possible to predicate the number of tablix displayed on the number of accounts selected?
    Is it possible to initiate an iterative process that adds another tablix until each of the sub-accounts has been rendered?
    Or, would it be necessary to run each instance as a discrete report and 'stitch' them together in some fashion for presentation?
    Any ideas, guidance or knowledge from previous experience would be appreciated
    Regards
    Duncan

All the best,

Duncan

• Just had a thought
    I can use sub-accounts as groups on a single tablix and force page-break between groups
    Sorted...................I think!

All the best,

Duncan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply