REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS not resolving the allocation error

• To be honest, this looks more like it could have been caused by someone doing a DELETE FROM sysindexes WHERE... on SQL 2000 (if the DB was an upgrade)

I've seen an IAM lose it's link to the metadata before, but not a case where all of the index metadata was completely gone.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Gail:

Didn't the OP say that this was Sql Server 2005? Can you still do something like that on 2005? (Yikes!!!)

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• RBarryYoung (8/30/2012)

Didn't the OP say that this was Sql Server 2005? Can you still do something like that on 2005? (Yikes!!!)

Yes, it is actually still possible, though I'm not going say how.

DB may be SQL 2005 now, but if it was upgraded from SQL 2000 it could be someone messed with it there. Or it could just be some weird-*** corruption.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • As per your discuss and all reply i think so that now your data is corrupted and you should be used a third party data recovery software.

There are so many Sql server related data recovery software you can find it on Google just search as "repair sql database" and you can find a large list of software you can one of them .

As I have personal experience with a data recovery software which was really helpful for me if you want i can recommended for which is "Kernel for Sql Server Repair[/b]"

You should be try this.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply