Repair Corrupt Access Database File

• While working in MS Access you may not be able to open .mdb file, then in that case the MDB file has become corrupt. I had faced this sort of problem quite often. In that case it can be repaired with the help of the third party software. I have used MS Access Repair tool. Using this software I was able to repair the corrupted MS Access Database. More importantly it is very user friendly.

• There is no doubt that the "Unrecognized Database Format." error message sometime is the indication of corruption. But why should you directly search for the third party recovery tool? There is some manual technique available which helps you to restore corrupt access database files (MDB). And If the manual techniques don't work, then use any commercial tool to restore corrupt MDB file or Access database files. Below I am sharing a link that makes you easier to handle corrupt MDB file of access database.

For Complete Solution visit: MS Access File Recovery Software

• Are you finding error message of "Unrecognized Database Format." while opening MS Access database file? The message comes may be after corruption and for this MS Office has "Compact and Repair" function in an Access database that will help users to repair the corrupt file without using any commercial tool. If this inbuilt feature doesn't work then Visit the www.sysinfotools.com for commercial tool.

• Yes, the first thing is that you must use the backup in such situations. However, you can find good access recovery tools on the market. Before you use any recovery tool, you must read this blog about the best access recovery tools.

Max

• To repair Access database, you should try Compact and Repair utility, a built-in tool in Microsoft Access. JetComp.exe utility is also provided by Microsoft, and can repair Access database. You can also try to import data from corrupt database into a new database. Refer to this blog post to know how to repair Access database manually: Repair Access Database with Compact and Repair Utility | N. Sem's Blog[/url]

You can also try a professional Access database recovery or repair tool but only if the manual tricks fail or don't work. Search best professional solutions on Google. I would strongly recommend you to download free demo version first before purchasing the software.

Thanks.

• Back in '90s I developed and maintained FoxPro applications, which was then using the same client / file server model perpetuated by MS Access today. Things like network bandwidth, concurrency, and data corruption were daily (not just occasional) struggles.

I found a TechRepublic article that summarizes best practices for avoiding MS Access database file corruption.

#1: Split large databases into separate files

#2: Store temporary tables in a separate database file

#3: Don't use memo fields

#4: Don't store picture files

#5: Create temporary tables to speed up queries

#6: Be careful with wireless networks (WiFi)

#7: Be careful with WAN connections

#8: Don't put Mac and Windows users on the same network

#9: Troubleshoot network hardware

#10: Check the server's configuration

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-ways-to-prevent-access-database-corruption/

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• I would try the following.

1 Make a copy of the original, and try to open that (That is the 'live one')

2) If you can't open that on either, you may be able to get a 'previous version' - Right click the file, and select properties, there is a previous versions tab. - If there are any, save it to a new location.

3) Create a new database and see if you can import any objects from the bad one:- I've never had any success with that, but some have.

4) Restore one from your system backups, and re-input any data since the backup was taken

5) If none of that works, then you have to purchase a professional Acc MDB Repair tool in order to fetch inaccessible data.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply