Registered Servers in EM

• Has anybody encountered loosing there registered MSSQL Servers in EM? It has happened to me a couple of times and I thought I would investigate it a little further this time. Doe sanybody know where the registered server info is stored or how it can be restored?

-JG

-JG

• What version of the client tools are you using?

This happened to me when I applied SP4 for SQL Server 7 to the client tools on my PC. I had several groups created within EM that each had several servers registered inside the groups. When I first opened EM after the SP4 install, only the servers listed in the first group appeared. I then closed EM and opened it again. That time the servers in groups 1 and 2 appeared, but not 3 - 6. I had to keep opening and closing EM until all servers appeared again. I contacted Microsoft about this and they were able to duplicate the problem on their end.

The good thing about all of this was that I managed to get a t-shirt from MS for finding a bug. Yeah!!!

Jason

• It happenned to few of our developers. I still don't know why but it haven't happened lately, around 8 months. One coincidence: it occured to one user after this user changed the network login password.

• This last time that is exaclty how it happend to me. I changed my domain password, and they were gone. I would figure it would be part of the profile, but I have not been able to find anything out on it or how changing your pwd on the domain affects the profile. I administer a lot of servers and this really puts the PIAN in taking care of the servers

-JG

-JG

• Did a new user profile get created somehow in the process? If so, that would explain why the registered servers disappeared.

Jason

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply