Regarding data migation with update delete insert

• I executed it.. all values are coming unique in table but i want a collegecode from cutoffcode transition that is coming null 🙁

Thanks & Regards,
    Pallavi

• I designed table of college_cutoffmaster as a master table there is different collegecode for each stream means each cutoffid will contain different college code.

Thanks & Regards,
    Pallavi

• Obviously you will get null values in College code until you have a record in College_CutoffCodeTransition with the cutoffid and you cannot insert cuttoffid before you insert data to [College_CutoffMaster].

ie., either you are going wrong on design or you are going wrong on businesslogic.

Make sure you are on the right track to the destination.

• Yah it means i need to take college code in college_cutoffmaster table right???

but i m confused here see below query,

insert into College_Maharashtra_BEngcutoffmaster1([CutoffId],cutoff,collegeid,degreeid,streamid,entranceid,gender,UniversityType,Capround,collegecode)

select a.[CutoffId],[Cutoff],[CollegeId],[DegreeId],[StreamId],[EntranceId],[Gender],[UniversityType],[Capround],b.collegecode from College_CutoffMaster a, College_CutoffCodeTransition b

where a.cutoffid=b.cutoffid

here by executing this one we get all record with collegecode transition at once .. but why it's giving problem in trigger??

Surely i thing it's design problem.. or what else wrong trigger query?

Thanks & Regards,
    Pallavi

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply