redirect row on truncation

• I kind of have this working, but for my test row, it did not output to the file.  It is at least creating the files.

So employeenumber is nvarchar(15)

example data is

123456@mysub.ourdomain.us

what gets inserted is the first 15

123456@mysub.ou

I have this set for the table:

I do have a couple of

The event "OnPipelinePreEndOfRowset" was received, but didn't have correct parameters.

The event "OnPipelineRowsSent" was received, but didn't have correct parameters.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • What is your question?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Instead of truncating and inserting as truncated, I want it to redirect row to the error output file.

It's not clear why it's truncating.

Thanks.

• The truncation is possibly happening earlier in the data flow process (so it does not throw an error when you expect it to).

You can check this using Data Viewers to verify exactly at what stage the truncation happens.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Data view helped, I never tried to get it going before.  It's actually occuring on the data source.  The file definition had char(15) for it and was set to ignore failure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply