Receiving "Oracle Home not found" during SSIS pkg execution

• Receiving error "Oracle Home not found" running package on Windows Server 2012 / SQL 2014 Enterprise SSIS w/ SSDT (VS 2013) trying to SELECT rows from SQL Server and INSERT rows into Oracle using Oracle 12c client

BT
  • Resolution is a 2 step fix as you'll need to add the Windows Logins and/or A/D groups that are invoking the SSIS pkg that are INSERTing rows into Oracle (requires administrative rights on the server):

STEP 1)

- Identify the Windows Login(s) and/or A/D groups that have execute permissions on the SSIS Package

- add the Windows Login(s) and/or A/D groups that are invoking the SSIS pkg to the Oracle Names under Local Users and Groups

To do so:

- OPEN: Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Local Users and Groups, Groups

- Scroll down and locate the Oracle Names (we had 7 Names like ORA_CLIENT_LISTENERS, ORA_DBA, etc)

- Double click each ORA_xxxxx name (1 at a time) and ADD the Windows Login(s) and/or A/D groups that will be running the SSIS Pkg

- click APPLY and SAVE

STEP 2)

- locate the high level base install directory for Oracle (ours was C:\Oracle)

- right mouse click the Oracle folder, properties, Security tab

- Edit, ADD the same Windows Login(s) and/or A/D groups that execute the SSIS Pkgs that INSERT into Oracle (we gave FULL control)

NOTE: We had to wait 1-2 minutes for some reason -- for the new security permissions to take affect -- there was NO reboot required

BT
  • This whole thread confirms my supposition that Oracle is the bastion of all evil and decreptitude.

• Hi,

Oracle does tend to make things more complex than it really Needs to be..... 🙂

The solution I used is to use the TNS_ADMIN variable to store the location of TNSNAMES.ORA. Within this file is the Location of ORACLE_HOME. When SSIS uses the Oracle Client to Access the database, TNS_ADMIN will automatically be looked up to find what it Needs.

• The ORACLE_HOME is not referenced in the tnsnames.ora. Could you specify what you mean?

I am having a similar problem (oracle 18c XE with CDM, VS 2017 professional). I can connect to the oracle by creating an oracle source and can preview the data that the select query will bring in but there is a Oracle Home not found query when the package is executed. I have made sure that I only have the 32 bit drivers and have specified that the package be execute as a 32bit package but it still doesn't work.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  hampsonpaul80.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply