Read about Stuxnet on Wired

• Coworker of mine put me onto this article from Wired.com. It documents the discovery of the Stuxnet worm and its subsequent reverse engineering by Symantec folks. It reads like a mystery/detective novel and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thought I'd pass it along to other nerds.

Stuxnet blog by: Kim Zetter[/url]

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• great read, thanks for bring that to our attention!

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I read that article the other day, fascinating read. And whoever wrote that code, VERY bright..

CEWII

• Yes it was a great article! Considering it was done by some type of organization makes you wonder? What was the back up plan, or was this just a diversion for what they really wanted to do?

:cool:

"There are no problems! Only solutions that have yet to be discovered!"

• Yeah, so many questions about its origins. If it were some rich basement hacker with a motive (be it an internet legacy or riches), we would have heard someone bragging about it. That's what makes me believe it was a corporation or government sponsored. So intriguing! It's all mum now, but in 20 years there will be a documentry about it "Stuxnet: All Your Centrifuge Are Belong To Me".

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• calvo (7-15-2011)

Yeah, so many questions about its origins. If it were some rich basement hacker with a motive (be it an internet legacy or riches), we would have heard someone bragging about it. That's what makes me believe it was a corporation or government sponsored. So intriguing! It's all mum now, but in 20 years there will be a documentry about it "Stuxnet: All Your Centrifuge Are Belong To Me".

I know it sounds to me that it would be someone more like one of those neighboring countries as Pakistan gov. with the motive to make it appear as if we or isreal was behind it.

:cool:

"There are no problems! Only solutions that have yet to be discovered!"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply