Quitting Over Training

• xsevensinzx - Wednesday, October 24, 2018 4:34 AM

carl.eaves - Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:53 AM

Not sure if it's the same over there, here in the UK a lot of companies will fund training but if you leave within a certain period of time you have to pay it back.

Company I work for pays for training up to a certain amount. We have a team dedicated to training employees about the business in all areas. They asked employees to record sessions and classes to help everyone understand the business. It's like we have a dedicated education portal we can take and get certified in different areas of the business. It's really cool. I've submitted a number of courses that I've developed to help others understand the basics of databases, ETL, machine learning, and so forth. By me doing this, it helps my non-technical co-workers understand how to talk with me and what I can do for them.

College is a big one that most of my co-workers love. We get that paid for as well up to a certain amount. One member of my team just completed his masters with it. He is way more educated than I will ever become. I'm glad the business has helped him achieve this. Now if only I could actually go back to school to take advantage of this offering too!

I have no fear in this neither does the organization. I wish more were like this. We should be helping people get to the next level regardless of what they may mean for us.

Any openings?? 🙂

Viewing post 31 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply