QuickBooks to SQL Server

• sgmunson

SSC Guru

Eirikur Eiriksson - Sunday, April 1, 2018 8:45 AM

He he, funny seeing this popping up on the latest entries, only a 12 year old thingy, MDM would classify this as a "blast from the past"
    😎

This just brings back to mind the time when I posted somewhere in one of this site's forums, a question to see if anyone had ever figured out how to connect a Quicken database to SQL Server, and then on another occasion, if anyone had written something to process a QFX file.   Still curious, as it appears Quicken has departed the scene in terms of writing a desktop application that leaves your data on your computer, and appears to be going in the direction of holding that data in their cloud.   I'll be darned if I'm ever going to let them have that much of my data.   Their Quicken Bill Pay service is already $10 a month, and paying on top of that for the desktop app is already ridiculous, and with their 2018 version, they now want $59/year to boot.  It's really only a matter of time before I'll just have to buckle down and figure that all out, 'cause I'm not willing to place my financial data in their cloud any more than what they've already got.   Anyone ever figure out how to read the Quicken database file, or how to process a QFX file into a SQL Server table?

Steve
    ‌(aka sgmunson)
    ‌:) 🙂 🙂
    Health & Nutrition

• Sue_H

SSC Guru

sgmunson - Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:40 PM

This just brings back to mind the time when I posted somewhere in one of this site's forums, a question to see if anyone had ever figured out how to connect a Quicken database to SQL Server, and then on another occasion, if anyone had written something to process a QFX file.   Still curious, as it appears Quicken has departed the scene in terms of writing a desktop application that leaves your data on your computer, and appears to be going in the direction of holding that data in their cloud.   I'll be darned if I'm ever going to let them have that much of my data.   Their Quicken Bill Pay service is already $10 a month, and paying on top of that for the desktop app is already ridiculous, and with their 2018 version, they now want $59/year to boot.  It's really only a matter of time before I'll just have to buckle down and figure that all out, 'cause I'm not willing to place my financial data in their cloud any more than what they've already got.   Anyone ever figure out how to read the Quicken database file, or how to process a QFX file into a SQL Server table?

This post?:
    https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost626377.aspx

🙂
    I had to do it I don't know how many years ago. Whatever it was I used was for opening the file in Excel as that was/is the way most utilities I found worked.
    I just tried to find what I used - no luck but found your post. There are still various options with Excel so you may want to try going that way., then Excel to SQL Server.  This one I was curious about - he lists the manual steps in the article and has a utility as well. Free is often worth checking:
    Import Quicken QFX files into Excel

Sue

• tytareka

Grasshopper

QFX files come from online banking - Quicken does not create QFX files or export in the QFX format. Quicken for Windows exports QIF format, and you can use QIF2CSV converter to convert QIF files to CSV or Excel format.

Sergiy Tytarenko
    Software developer
    ProperSoft - simple software for accountants and bookkeepers
    https://www.propersoft.net/

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply