Quick check SQL connection and process details with current SQL text

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Quick check SQL connection and process details with current SQL text

• Hi Venugopal,

This script was not working when i create the view i am getting following error.

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Procedure sqlexec, Line 16

Incorrect syntax near '.'.

Regards,

Sarath

Kindest Regards,

Sarath Vellampalli

• Sharath,

What version of SQL Server are you using?

• Sarath,

I guess you are executing the script all together at once. You are supposed to execute it in two steps.

Step 1:

create view sqlexec as

SELECT

s.spid,s.dbid,s.login_time,s.hostname, s.loginame, s.program_name,s.waittype,s.lastwaittype,s.cpu,s.memusage,s.status,s.net_library,s.sql_handle

,e.text as SQL

FROM

sys.sysprocesses s

CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(s.sql_handle) AS e

and then you have to execute the select statement.

select d.name,s.* from sqlexec s,sys.sysdatabases d where s.dbid=d.dbid order by login_time desc

• I am executing this script in SQL server 2005, and first step itself i am getting below error.

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Procedure sqlexec, Line 7

Kindest Regards,

Sarath Vellampalli

• Sharath,

Please send me the script that you are executing. I will check and let you know.

• I am executing the below script

create view sqlexec as

SELECT

s.spid,s.dbid,s.login_time,s.hostname, s.loginame, s.program_name,s.waittype,s.lastwaittype,s.cpu,s.memusage,s.status,s.net_library,s.sql_handle

,e.text as SQL

FROM

sys.sysprocesses s

Kindest Regards,

Sarath Vellampalli

• Sharath,

What is the service pack level, I checked the script in both SQL Server 2005 SP2 and SP3.....I don't have SP1 to test.

In both the instances I tested. I don't see any issue.

Can you execute just the select statement and let me know if you can get the result.

SELECT

,e.text as SQL

FROM

sys.sysprocesses s

• When i execute the below select statment i am getting same error and i am using SQL SERVER 2005 SP2

SELECT

,e.text as SQL

FROM

sys.sysprocesses s

Error is:

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 6

Please copy the code from here and execute in your system.

Kindest Regards,

Sarath Vellampalli

• Can we do a webex or something may be we can use teamviewer as it is personal purpose only. If you agree for me connecting to your system and checking it I prefer that so we can fix it soon.

• I get the same error as cusvenus. The only way I could get the initial view query to run was to comment out references to sys.dm_exec_sql_text, as below.

create view sqlexec as

SELECT

s.spid,s.dbid,s.login_time,s.hostname, s.loginame, s.program_name,s.waittype,s.lastwaittype,s.cmd,s.blocked,s.cpu,s.memusage,s.physical_io,s.status,s.net_library,s.sql_handle

--,e.text as SQL

FROM

sys.sysprocesses s

--CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(s.sql_handle) AS e

I'm no expert, but could this be due to a security setting that you have turned on and we don't?

Sigerson

"No pressure, no diamonds." - Thomas Carlyle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply