Query toolbar does not display for sql files opened from TFS

• When I open a new query or a file that is not under source control, I get a tool bar like the first image below.

When I open a query from a TFS project (second image), the toolbar is not available, and I cannot find a way to turn it on.

Does anyone know how to control this feature?

Thanx in advance,

Don Simpson

I'm not sure about Heisenberg.

• Is it possible it's coming in as read only? I work with various source control systems all the time and I'm not seeing a similar issue.

One difference between the two worth noting, one is a .sql file and one is not. Could be you remapped .sql files somewhere (guessing) so they behave differently.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (2/18/2015)

Is it possible it's coming in as read only? I work with various source control systems all the time and I'm not seeing a similar issue.

One difference between the two worth noting, one is a .sql file and one is not. Could be you remapped .sql files somewhere (guessing) so they behave differently.

No, it doesn't appear to matter if the file is writable or not.

How are you seeing that one file is not a .sql? One is named SQLQuery1.sql and the other is AcceptanceLetter.sql. Is there another flag or indicator somewhere? That would explain a lot.

Don Simpson

• Maybe I missed the .sql on the second one. It had the standard name for a window. My bad.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (2/18/2015)

Maybe I missed the .sql on the second one. It had the standard name for a window. My bad.

Yeah, my eyes aren't what they used to be either. 🙂

Don Simpson

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply