QUERY STORE: how can i query it?

• If Query Store is running in our production server, particular database,

is there a way I can query it? with the purpose to, for example, find out "What were the last 10 calls to this or that Stored Proc?"

or "Show me last 10 Select queries that were run against ThisTable since midnight?"

I am totally new to the Query Store, not sure even from which door/entrance to enter this whole thing.

Thank you!

Likes to play Chess

• Yes you can query it. When you enable it there are several different DMVs that are available to use with the query store. You can use it to understand query plans, look at queries getting slow, look into performance issues and query metrics, etc. There is a post up here on SSC with links to various articles to get started with the query store:

Learning the Query Store

This post on RedGate's site has a few different parts to the article. This link goes to part three which lists the different DMVs and has different sample queries that can help you get started with some queries. The beginning of the article has links to the other parts of the article with more information:

The SQL Server 2016 Query Store: Accessing Query Store Information Using DMVs

Sue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply