Providing a subset of Tables to Subscribers

• Hi,

I am using Merge "push" replication on a SQL Server db, to a number of SQL Express subscribers. I want ALL tables to go to each subscriber, but only replicating to 90% of them (some are temporary tables that should not be replicated around).

If I uncheck some of the tables when I create the publication, the tables do not get propagated to the subscribers at all.

To get around this, I create the publication, subscribe to it, then change the publication and recreate the subscription.

Is there an easier way of doing this.

Thanks.

• Hi,

I know it has been a couple of months, but I am still trying to find an answer on this question.

Using Merge Push Replication from Sql Server 2008 R2 (Distributor/Publisher), to Sql Server 2008 Express subscribers.

Basically, I need to create the subscriber database at each location with all tables present, but only replicate data between a subset of them. I do not believe the option "Highlighted Table is download only" will work (as I do not want any of the data in those tables replicated back or forth), or the "Sychronization direction" options.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply