properties of system sproc's in system db's

• When I right click a stored procedure under a system db such as msdb, there is no properties selection. Is the properties gui gone or is there a setting that I can change.

• What "properties" are you looking for? Stored procedures don't have a "properties" tab that I know of, whether server or user-built.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Artifacts in the System databases are protected to a large degree - hence the substantially smaller context menus for them. As far as I'm aware, this is by design and you can't add the 'missing' entries back. What exaclty are you trying to do?

GSquared - actually, there is a 'Properties' entry for non-system procs, there are also far more options in the context menu for them.

• I guess I'm used to SSMS 2005. No "Properties" on the right-click menu in that, at least on my machine. I see one in SSMS 2008 now that I'm looking for it. Doesn't have it on the system procs.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Good point, I had forgotten to check in SSMS 2005.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply