Programmatically Changing Connections in DTS

• I have an ActiveX task containing vbscript that when placed in a DTS package, will set all Connection and DataTransformation (DataPump) information correctly. Additionally, the package appears to work perfectly afterwards.

The Question:

Why when I go into the DTS Designer and open a transformation (Black Arrow) between connections - that I get the "Verifying Transformations" dialog with the three radio button options of "Remove Invalid transforamtions", "Change Source/Destination", and "Remove all transformations and redo auto-mapping"?

It appears that the SourceObjectName and SourceSQLStatements are getting correctly updated as well as the DestinationObjectName, etc.

Is there a property that is supposed to be set when I modify the source and destination properties in my code to prevent this dialog?

Thanks a bunch in advance for any assistance

• I am not sure if I can answer this directly but this is what I get when I try and transform from a flat file to a SQL server table. If the flat file does not exist I get the same error. I assume your databases exist on either side of the transformation.

Bruce Szabo, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCSD

Bruce Szabo, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCSD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply