Problem with searching after delete

• Hi guys, i have this table in a database, that i deleted one row from the table, and after the delete, anytime i do a search on the table, based on new rows that i insert, they don't get searched, but if i do a search based on the old data before the row delete, it returns the result, what can i do to correct this. i'm using sqlserver 2005.

Thanks

Timotech

• Please check the queries carefully. This should not happen. I have never seen such issue.

• Hi, thanks for your reply, its baffeling me also, this is the query:

SELECT PKID, ISNULL(Location,'') AS Location, ISNULL(BoardNumber,'') AS BoardNumber, ISNULL(FK_BoardSize,'') AS FK_BoardSize, ISNULL(FK_BrandId,'') AS FK_BrandId, ISNULL(FK_BrandADId,'') AS FK_BrandADId, ISNULL(FK_ProductId,'') AS FK_ProductId, ISNULL(FK_QualityId,'') AS FK_QualityId, ISNULL(FK_AdvertizerId,'') AS FK_AdvertizerId, ISNULL(FK_CategoryId,'') AS FK_CategoryId, ISNULL(Amount,'0') AS Amount,

DateCaptured, DateEntered, ISNULL(TimeCaptured,'') AS TimeCaptured, ISNULL(PreparedBy,'') AS PreparedBy, ISNULL(FK_StateId,'') AS FK_StateId, ISNULL(FK_AreaId,'') AS FK_AreaId, ISNULL(FK_ZoneId,'') AS FK_ZoneId, ISNULL(FK_ContractorId,'') AS FK_ContractorId, ISNULL(FK_SpecialFeatureId,'') AS FK_SpecialFeatureId, ISNULL(Position,'') AS Position

FROM dbo.tbl_Outdoor

WHERE (DateEntered = @DateEntered)

if i try it with an older date it brings results, but if i insert data and try it based on today's date, it does not return data.

Thanks

• Just try with below query if you are getting the records

SELECT PKID, ISNULL(Location,'') AS Location, ISNULL(BoardNumber,'') AS BoardNumber, ISNULL(FK_BoardSize,'') AS FK_BoardSize, ISNULL(FK_BrandId,'') AS FK_BrandId, ISNULL(FK_BrandADId,'') AS FK_BrandADId, ISNULL(FK_ProductId,'') AS FK_ProductId, ISNULL(FK_QualityId,'') AS FK_QualityId, ISNULL(FK_AdvertizerId,'') AS FK_AdvertizerId, ISNULL(FK_CategoryId,'') AS FK_CategoryId, ISNULL(Amount,'0') AS Amount,

DateCaptured, DateEntered, ISNULL(TimeCaptured,'') AS TimeCaptured, ISNULL(PreparedBy,'') AS PreparedBy, ISNULL(FK_StateId,'') AS FK_StateId, ISNULL(FK_AreaId,'') AS FK_AreaId, ISNULL(FK_ZoneId,'') AS FK_ZoneId, ISNULL(FK_ContractorId,'') AS FK_ContractorId, ISNULL(FK_SpecialFeatureId,'') AS FK_SpecialFeatureId, ISNULL(Position,'') AS Position

FROM dbo.tbl_Outdoor

WHERE (DateEntered <= getdate())

• Hi Vidya, thanks for your post, the query works fine, i also tried it with <= (a specified date) and it also brings result, but when i try it with = (a recent date) then it does not return result.

I just discovered something, anytime i insert from my application, and i search, the query does not return a result, but anytime i manually insert data into the table, then it returns data.

What could be the cause of that?

Timotech

• Hi, I tried to recreate the table and then saved from my application into the table, which succeeded, but when i try to search again, it did not return any result, could it be my application saving something else in the table or what?

Timotech

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply